The 11th annual
Wave Sport Nantahala Open
SAT., APRIL 25th, 2015
-in support of Team River Runner
What it is it all about: The Nantahala Open has gained the reputation as a fun competition; open to all boaters no matter the experience or ability, consisting of categories for every skill level--and the prizes that go along with them! The event is supported by the whole Nantahala/Bryson City community.
Who's it for: Anyone and everyone is welcome to participate! The Event takes place at Nantahala Falls on the Nantahala River, between 10AM and 3PM. Team Wave Sport and Endless River Adventures staff will be at the staging area above the Falls. Stop by the staging area above the Falls and confirm that you want to participate. It's as easy as that.
What's Going On All Day and Night: Following the day's event, Wave Sport and Endless River Adventures invite everyone to an Open House after-party with music and beverages and a screening of the day’s footage at Endless River Adventures. During the screening prizes will be awarded for category winners. Categories are prepared before, during and after the day based on how creative event participants are.
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS:
- River Time - 10AM - 3:30PM. Run the Falls and get in the video and win great prizes!! That's all there is to the Nantahala Open.
Sign up at the staging beach above the Falls
- Guest appearance by Bryson City Outdoors with SUPS to play with at the staging area.
- Book Signing by Kirk Eddlemon, author of Whitewater of the Southern Appalachians. Pick up your copies and receive the Nantahala Open discount!
- Book sales of Find Your Own Happiness by author/kayaker Mary Mills
- Music and Beer and Food! 4PM - 8PM
We will have live music brought to you by DJ Terence Young and beer compliments of Oskar Blues Brewery.
- Bring your appetite also - the Filling Station Deli Shop will have their portable shop here Saturday selling delicious sandwiches and pastas, etc..
- Letter writing campaign for the Ocoee River Council - Save The Ocoee campaign.
- Video Showing and Prizes 8PM - 10PM
Camera work will be coordinated by commuity memebrs Rick Thompson and Dennis Lyons.
The day's video of Nantahala fun will be up right about 8PM. Before, after and in between we will be giving away the amazing selection of prizes that have been donated by our awesome partners!
This event is for you! All you have to do is show up!!GRAND PRIZE: RAFFLE OF THE WAVE SPORT KAYAK OF CHOICE - donated to the Open by an anonymous Vet to support TRR and the Open!
Proceeds from the raffle going to support Team River Runner.
Keep tabs on our Facebook page for updates on sponsorship, music and fun!!