Waivers & Forms
Following are links to the required waivers for participating in our activities including: Nantahala River Rafting, Ocoee River Rafting, Cheoah River Rafting, Kayak Instruction, Fly Fishing, and Lake Touring. Please note that there are age, weight and/or experience requirements for the rivers we look forward to sharing with you. These requirements are defined by the US Forest Service and we must strictly adhere to them.
- Coolers are not allowed on the river, nor is the consumption of alcoholic beverages. There are great places to stop and enjoy western North Carolina’s famous microbrewery beers after your trip.
- Every trip participant is required to sign a trip waiver. We strongly recommend that children rafting without parents have their waivers signed by their parents ahead of time, although a responsible adult may sign for a minor.
Specific River Restrictions
We are permitted by the U.S. Forest Service and must follow the guidelines set out in their operating plans.
- On the Nantahala River, children must be either 7 years old or weigh 60 pounds. No previous experience is necessary.
- On the Ocoee River, the minimum age is 12 years old. No previous experience is necessary.
- On the Cheoah River the minimum age is 16 years old. Participants must be in good physical condition and previous Class III-IV rafting experience is required
There is inherent risk involved in all outdoor recreational activities. We ask that you read through and sign the appropriate waiver for the river/activity you will be doing with us in advance. If you have any concerns or questions, please contact us. Group leaders: we highly recommend that you have waivers distributed in advance–in particular for any group participant under 18 so that their parent/s can read through and sign the waiver. For all minor waivers, the signature of a parent or responsible adult is necessary.