The Ecuadorian Rivers Institute is a non-profit that targets river drainages throughout Ecuador which are important for recreational river use and advocates protecting river corridors for the benefit of maintaining the high levels of biodiversity and realizing sustainable, tourism-based economies in these areas.
Updates from Ecuadorian Rivers Institute include:
- Creation of Amigos del Rio Jondachi
- Support of the Local Population
- real-time stream gauge on the Jondachi
- water quality monitoring campaign
- Networking with from Argentina with International Rivers
For more information, check the ERA website news article.