Plan Your Trip
What To Bring
- Come prepared to get splashed! Our adventures go rain or shine. Watching the weather forecast can be an exercise in futility in the mountains – don’t worry about it, you will have fun regardless.
- Glasses should be attached with croakies. We have croakies available in our outfitters store.
- Bring a towel and change or clothes for after the river
- Complimentary wet suits and paddle jackets are provided
- If participants are bringing cameras, they need to be waterproof. Professional photos are taken on all of our whitewater rafting trips
Where To Stay
We recommend that you have your accommodations confirmed ahead of time. From camping to bed-and-breakfasts to hotels and lodges to beautiful cabin rentals, there are many places to stay close to us. For a complete list of accommodations, attractions, and information, the local Chambers of Commerce are a great place for information.
Swain County Chamber of Commerce 828.488.3681
Jackson County Chamber of Commerce 800.962.1911 or 828.586.2155
Check out our recommended partners for many of the wonderful places that we know personally and recommend to stay during your trip:
HOTELS, BED & BREAKFASTS, INNS
Highly acclaimed bed & breakfast between Dillsboro and Bryson City. Located 20 minutes from Endless Rivers on Highway 74. 800.789.8024 or 828.586.0251
Historic Inn overlooking Bryson City. Lodging, fine dining and casual bar dining are part of the offerings. 828.488.2159
Folkestone Inn Bed & Breakfast
This nostalgic farm house is chef owned and operated with farm to table breakfasts, located at the Deep Creek entrance to the Great Smoky Mountains National Park near Bryson City.
828.488.2730 or 888.812.3385
Hawkesdene House Breakfast
A charming Inn tucked behind the town of Andrews, NC (west of the Nantahala Gorge). The Hawkesdene House is the perfect setting for a wedding, family reunion or corporate group. 800.477.9549
A rustic-chic mountain resort and spa. Located on Highway 74 between the Nanahala Gorge and Bryson City. You will find the view overlooking Lake Fontana spectacular. 800.742.6492
Located on a hillside overlooking Bryson City with a view of the Smokies, the McKinley Edwards Inn offers upscale boutique hotel lodging in an historic Bryson City landmark. 828.488.9626
A choice of three craftsman style mountain homes tucked away in the Nantahala Gorge. 828.417-3027
The Lodge Nantahala
Just five minutes upstream of us, the Lodge Nantahala is conveniently located in the heart of the Nantahala Gorge. It is also just across the street from Pizza By The River. 828.788-4494
Nantahala Village Resort
Located just 4 miles east of ERA. Lodge and cabin rentals available. 828.488.9000
Snowbird Mountain Lodge
This elegant mountain retreat rests among 100 acres of undisturbed mountaintop in Graham County, North Carolina, just eleven miles from the town of Robbinsville. 800.941.9290
Located on the banks of the Cheoah River, the Tapoco is the perfect place for enjoying the best view of the Cheoah River action – especially with the riverside dining. 828.498.2800
CABINS NEAR THE NANTAHALA GORGE
Nantahala Retreat House
Located in the heart of the Nantahala Gorge, this beautiful 4-bedroom dog friendly home sleeps ten with a big kitchen and a hot tub for your intimate gathering in the Gorge. 505-554-7133
Lands Creek Log Cabins
There is hardly a prettier place in WNC for a wedding, birthday party, or just a place to call home for the weekend. Located just outside of Bryson City. 888.346.9793
Mayfield Mountain Cottage
Located in the heart of Almond, North Carolina our house is set in Fontana Trace Estates. 251.747.6406
Nantahala River Lodge
Cradled between majestic mountains in the Nantahala National Forest, alongside the Upper Nantahala River. 800.470.4718
Ocoee Nights Cottages
Authentic mountain community accommodations located near the Ocoee River and miles of biking & hiking trails. For reservations, call 706.455.0694 or 706.455.5405 or email and ask for Joe Jacobi’s Ocoee Nights Cottages.
Rock Creek Cabins
Fully equipped, fully furnished chalet and log cabins in the North Carolina Mountains. 800.731.8050
The Cabins at Long Branch
luxury log cabin rentals at the top of the Nantahala Gorge. 662.773.3099
A collection of luxury log homes, chalet and cottage rentals in the Great Smoky Mountains of North Carolina. 888.604.3075
Yellow Rose Realty
The largest selection of vacation rentals in western North Carolina. 828.488.2797
Sunset Farm Cabins
located within minutes of Cherokee, Bryson City, Dillsboro, and Sylva, and only 15 minutes from the Smoky Mountain National Park. 800.408.4889.
Whispering Winds Cabins
Handcrafted log cabins located near the Tuckaseegee River in Bryson City. 828.488.6383
House Rentals that Allow Pets: 813.653.3097
CAMPING NEAR ENDLESS RIVER ADVENTURES
Big Nantahala Campground
Located in the Nantahala Gorge across the street from Endless River Adventures.
Flaming Arrow Campground
In Cherokee, NC, open year round with all the amenities to make for a great vacation spot.
Kickstand Lodge and Campground
A motorcycle riders resort in Stecoah, North Carolina. Located in the Smoky Mountains, surrounded by the best riding in the southeast, the Kickstand Lodge is a great destination for a weekend get-away or a week long stay.
Nelsons Nantahala Hideaway
Nestled in the heart of the Nantahala forest at Topton, NC. Both camping and a group cabin are available. 828.321.4407.
Turkey Creek Campground
Just 10 minutes outside the Nantahala Gorge on Highway 28 convenient to both Endless River Adventures and Tsali. 828.488.8966
Tumbling Waters Campground
Located near just outside the Nantahala Gorge. Pancakes for breakfast! 828.479.3814
Deep Creek Campground
Located on the outskirts of Bryson City, at the entrance to the Smoky Mountain National Park. 828.488.6055
Located off of Highway 28 in the Tsali Recreation area. Nantahala National Forest, fee area.
Persimmon Creek Campground
Located just 13 miles east of the Ocoee Visitor’s Center, postiioned not far from the Nantahala, Ocoee, Hiwassee, Nottely and Toccoa Rivers, as well as Cherokee, Nottely and Hiwassee Lakes. Paddlers are very welcome here! 828.644.5800
What To Do
You won’t want to miss out on every thing there is to do in the Smokies! If you’ve already booked your whitewater, kayak, or fishing adventures be sure to check out some of the other local adventures. If you have non-river participants coming along for the day, there are so many great things to do in our area. Please give us a call so we can help share ideas on more things to do while visiting our lovely part of the country.
- All essential equipment is provided for instruction, but if you have your own gear, bring it along!
- A layering shirt (synthetic or wool) is suggested for those who get cold. We provide complimentary paddle jackets and wet suits.
- Bring along water, hydrating beverages, snacks and a small lunch for the river.
- Our trips go rain or shine! And a morning/afternoon rain does not deter from having fun on the river – you are dressed to get splashed!! We are located in a temperate rain forest, so the weather forecast almost always includes the chance of rain. Ignore weather forecasts.
- For the river, plan on wearing a t-shirt & shorts and/or a bathing suit (Ladies – a bathing suit and shorts works great!).
- You will need water shoes, tennis shoes or river sandals that are secured to your feet. No flip flops!
Specific River Restrictions
We are permitted by the U.S. Forest Service and must follow the guidelines set out in their operating plans.
- Coolers are not allowed on the river, nor is the consumption of alcoholic beverages. If you are found to have been drinking before or during your trip, you will be removed from the trip and will not receive a refund. There are great places to stop and enjoy western North Carolina’s famous microbrewery beers after your trip.
- On the Nantahala River, children must be either 7 years old or weigh 60 pounds. No previous experience is necessary.
- On the Ocoee River, the minimum age is 12 years old. No previous experience is necessary.
- On the Cheoah River the minimum age is 16 years old. Participants should be in good physical condition and have previous Class III-IV whitewater experience.
- All trip participants must sign a waiver – including minors. We strongly recommend that children rafting without parents have their waivers signed by their parents ahead of time, although a responsible adult may sign for a minor.
Getting to Endless River Adventures
Driving on curvy mountain roads can take up to twice as long as normal travel time and mileages can be deceptive. Take care using GPS devices or online mapping sites, as they are often not accurate on our mountain roads. We recommend you double check your directions with the directions we provide. If you are a group traveling separately, please make sure all members of the group know where they are going.
Lost or running late? Please give us a call 828.488.6199 so that we can help you.