The event is almost here! Sept. 02 will be opening ceremonies for the 2013 International Freestyle Competition. While the competition will be the main focus, there is so much more to enjoy during hte week long event. Check out the calendar of events….
Read up on the buzz starting with the 2013 World Freestyle Event that will be hosted here on the Nantahala River:
- Rapid Magazine update on the Wave, Spring 2012
- Smoky Mountain Times’ article of June 30th, 2010.
- Asheville Citizen Times’ caught up with key community members.
- Postcard from the Smokies: Swain Chamber of Commerce
- Wave Shaper for the 2013 Event: Smoky Mountain News, June 2011
- Tips for Enjoying the Nantahala Freestyle Wave Instructional Video
- Boatertalk Article on the remodeling of the feature
- Photos of the Wave construction updated daily
- Live cam at the Wave Construction site
- Grand Opening Press Release
- Asheville Citizen Times Article about Grand Opening
And the best place to keep up with the 2013 Freestyle Competition is the website