Make your Black Friday a time to #optoutside!! Now is the best time of year to avoid the crowds and enjoy being outside here in the Nantahala Gorge!!
What to do as an alternative to standing in lines at the Mall? Here are just a few ideas to get you thinking about an #optoutside day:
1) #optoutside and paddle: The Nantahala and Green Rivers are running on a near-daily basis. Check Duke Power’s release schedule to plan your trip!
2) #optoutside and fish: The Nantahala and Tuckaseegee Rivers were stocked in early November and the newly stocked fish are settled in to their new homes and are feeding on passing nymphs. We offer guided float trips on the Nantahala all season long.
3) #optoutside and take a day-long hike: Hiking from Ledbetter Creek along the Bartram Trail is a challenging day hike culminating in a spectacular view at Cheoah Bald. This hike climbs ~3,000 ft over 6.6 miles -comparable to hiking the Grand Canyon from river to rim!
4) #optoutside and go on a short Hike: Hiking to Wesser Bald Fire Tower from Tellico Gap is an excursion that only takes a few hours to complete and culminates in a gorgeous (pun intended) 360 degree view of Western NC.
5) #optoutside and bike: Tsali Recreation Area. Winter an excellent time to push yourself hard and find your limit – without sweating too much. Want to check out new trails? The Cherokee Fire Mountain trails are outstanding!